Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Marriage Proposal on the Trail!




It was an exciting day for the dogsledding teams and all of us at Husky Power... not to mention a very surprised young gal. Her boyfriend set up this neat way to propose well ahead of their weekend at Deep Creek... then while here pretended to find out about dogsledding tours and called us up for a "last-minute reservation."

But we knew and we had a PLAN! The Bride-to-be, Kim, had no clue what was coming!

The Groom-to-be, Shawn S. of Towson, MD sneakily passed me the beautiful engagement ring while they were enjoying their first hour of entertaining mushing education. Then out on the gorgeous, snowy white trails they learned to mush the team by themselves.

But alas! I "dropped my radio back on the trail" and had to leave them alone with the team while I walked back to get it. I asked Shawn to stand on the sled brake (it was tied off to a tree too) and asked Kim to go up to the lead dogs to keep them quiet for a few minutes while I was gone.

When she was up there, Kim found the ring box attached to Leader Zsa Zsa's (also known as "Sam"... get it?) collar...

She was awestruck. And likely confused. And surprised. And it is quite difficult to surprise a smart woman! Shawn then went up and kneeled and asked for her hand in marriage. To be witnessed by 12 beautiful sleddogs woofing and wooing! And me too... for I snuck back around through the woods to take pictures... pleased to find Shawn actually kneeling in front of a shocked Kim.

And by the way, she did say YES!

Which is a good thing... for later on down another trail, after the fuss and congrats, we surprised both of them with a big sign blocking a beautiful trail we call "Christmas Tree Trail." The sign was a Congrats to Kim and Shawn... which they took home in memory.

I had a scare... I was filming on video our ride to the arrival at the sign... which means driving a 12-dog team with one hand... squirrley to say the least-- and barely stopped them before they barged right through the painted bed sheet!

A day to remember for us all. Congratulations Kim and Shawn!
Back to Husky Power Home: www.HuskyPowerDogsledding.com

5 comments:

  1. que locura el frio que hace loco
    http://www.sabaleplus.blogspot.com/
    yo aca estoy en cueros ju ju por el calor 40°

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!

    I was with you guys yersterday! (Girlscout,Leader Rachel Peters)

    I really enjoyed the tour and the place!!!
    Especially the puppies and the dogyard!!
    But it is too bad we couldn't go sledding.......
    Anyway I told my family about the place, they were so interested!!
    They said that maybe we'll visit sometime!

    Also please check my blog

    http://sarah-saturn.blogspot.com/

    and


    http://bookwormparadise-sarah.blogspot.com/


    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing, I think you should name the black one, Zinc! It sounds cute,short, plus it tells that girls aren't sissies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog dear I like your blog it’s looking so cool according to blog theme. I would like to join your blog again and again. Procedure of arya samaj mandir in faridabad, Procedures of arya samaj marriage in faridabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. My testimony of Getting ex back after a breakup
    My boyfriend of a 4year just broke up with me and I am 3 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most nights. Sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot. After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me once and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. I was really upset and I needed help, so one day I came across a website that suggested that Dr. Imoloa can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 2 weeks later, my boyfriend came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything is back  to normal. I and my boyfriend and I are living together happily again. Dr. Imoloa as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back,  happy marriage love spell, unable to get pregnant, Loto Spell, protection spell, traveler spell, job spell, attraction charms, extreme protections and so on. Contact him Via Email-drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / Whatsapp- +2347081986098. Website- drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete